Thursday, September 23, 2010

By the sea


Last month I decided to get back to my first real love. So I went on a vacation and took my wife along. We spent a whole day on the beach.

The sea is alluring beyond all beauty. I grew up beside the sea. She was there when I retired for the night; she was there when I woke up in the morning. My dormitory at school was just over a hundred meters from the coast line. I slept listening to the sea.

She had many moods and you could not just predict. She will be calm one morning and terribly rough in the evening. On such days you could hear her ferocious outbursts all through the night. Sometimes, I confess, it was scary.

When she is calm dolphins played in her lap. Real dolphins in the ‘wild’, jumping out from the waters in a perfect arc and getting back in at a distance. If you listened carefully you could hear the dolphins laugh. Often I desisted from throwing in my fishing line for fear of hurting her. Then I would sit on the shore and spend hours just watching her change colours.

I have never had a problem in my marriage!.

No comments:

Post a Comment