Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I am the Lord, I am the scam




I am the Supreme. I am never born, I never die. In my pure and ominous presence I am corruption. I control people, society and governments. I manifest in different forms to proliferate evil whenever the world tends to become honest. I have been in this world since inception; my appearances can be felt even in the great epics of India and Greece, not to discount my role in the kingdoms of the great Egyptian Pharaohs.   I take many avatars. Some are explicit some implicit.

For instance one of my manifestations is in the form of rebate, to lure unsuspecting customers to buy inferior goods. Like a leech, I attach myself to some FMCG products and call myself ‘free’. In the education field I am known as donation. In India the locals some time call me ‘Bakshish’; urudu for tips. The very uninitiated in the English language refer to me as ‘something’.

The sophisticated know my manifestation as greasing the palm. I appear where some favours are solicited by the undeserving, from people in power. Whereas the giver refers to me as bribe (as an unwanted outgo) the taker refers to me as fees (a must income) for facilitating a transaction.

Often more than two people are involved in invoking my presence. Here I manifest myself as SCAM. I am referred with various adjectives like minor, major, phenomenal or the circumstance such as CWG, Adarsh, and 2G. In some countries I am also known as something-gate, like Watergate, irangate et al.

When the number of people involved in my worship are many, some times I am not able to give my affections proportionally to all. So I become vulnerable to exposure by these dissatisfied lot. They are the whistle blowers. It beats me why they are called that and not just whistlers. I have powers beyond me, that though I do not like journalists using me to ‘trap’ sometimes innocent officials, I can not restrain them.

I can send people to jail, mar reputations and bring down democratically elected Governments. It is in my favour that the value systems are almost extinct; and a few like Naryanmurthy who try to foist them are looked down in pity by the majority. There are also many archaic and complicated rules and regulations behind which I often disappear. When I am dug out against my wishes, I am conveniently buried in the lengthy judicial system. I am here there and everywhere. I am the Lord. I am the all powerful engulfing womankind. There is no power in this world or beyond that can find me and destroy me. Soon I will overtake your soul and for survival you will be forced to embrace me.


1 comment:

  1. "uninitiated ... refer to me as ‘something’" - nice!

    In the world of corrupt, NRN is an atheist (just like i am ;))

    ReplyDelete