Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Education and God particle


Grandma was upset with Italy losing the Euro cup final.
Grandma (G): It is all because of that Buffoon.

I:  Grandma, it is Gianluigi Buffon (as in fun) and not Buffoon(as in spoon); he is the captain of the Italian team.

G: Whatever, he did end up as a buffoon letting in four goals past him. But son did you hear about this God particle?
I: No Granma what is it? Is God being divided among Nations?
G: No son; a bunch of scientists think they are hot onto something with which this Universe was built.
I:  Oh! Boy! Great! Now what? If they say “let there be peace”, do you think Granma that all will be peaceful with this world.
G: When they discovered the atom half the world was destroyed and when they will discover the elusive subatomic God particle, I fear that will lead to the destruction of this world as we know it.
I: Come on Grandma….you know better.
G: No son…all this is happening because of a faulty education system where a lot of people are either undereducated or overeducated. These are types who ostensibly take over the world. The former join Governments and the latter become scientists. Generally both do not know what they want and when they find something they say that is what they were looking for.
I:  Sometimes you are very confusing, Grandma.
G: You see that is because of your over education…you just do not understand simple matters…..
I:  But Grandma I am an……..
G:  Putr..Don’t interrupt. Look what this fellow Sibal is doing he is interrupting a well defined system of IITs and IIMs and neglecting the larger system….
I:  I have to intercede … You confuse too much, Grandma… and you are always critical of the government.
G:  Son…see how these guys in the government fool you… There are a hundred times more Government run schools and Colleges in the country than IITs and IIMs…..all very poorly managed…so that politicians can establish private educational institutions and make money…IITs and IIMs being autonomous while being Government institutions, there is no scope for third party to make money there!
I: Oh! Grandma…and they don’t make you even the President….

No comments:

Post a Comment