Monday, April 9, 2012

Proof of the pudding is in eating it



Rahul Gandhi (RG) and Bhilawal Bhutto (BB) were at the same table for lunch hosted by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in honour of the visiting Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari. In Pakistan Bhutto-Zardari is likened to Nehru-Gandhi – not the Mahatma but the other one.

RG. Hi! Bhilawal. Kya haal?

BB:  All well. (Pointing at the chicken) halal?

RG: No, Chicken.

BB: I heard that you had counted the chicken in UP before they were hatched.

RG:  Yes. The counting went awry. Harvard does not teach pure arithmetic you know.

BB: But I thought you went to college at Trinity in Cambridge.

RG:  Oh yes I stayed in that hostel too. You are in Oxford are you?

BB:  Yes. Great place. My mother was there too.

RG: Let us talk about your father; where did he study?

BB: Forget them yaar; when did you last visit Venezuela?

RG: Don’t need to. We meet in US. My mother goes there often these days. I use her as a cover to spend a few days in the US. Also while there we attend to some other family matters too.

BB: But I thought you had family in Italy. (…..while tucking in some dosas)

RG: True but the only thing Indians support from Italy is hostages. Life must be easy for you as President PPP, with no Party work actually….I mean political work…I have to go and stay in villages, in mud huts often without electricity and internet et al.

BB:  That is true I am having a whale of a time in England and Dubai. Catch me in a mud hut in Sind or elsewhere, and I am Osama Bin Laden!!! We don’t have to do such things to win elections in Pakistan.

RG: Where does your father stash all that money he made from 10%?

BB:  Most of it is in cash in underground cellars in our ancestral home. The family runs a small feudal kingdom in Larkhana. Besides it is different in Pakistan as long as you let the Army do what they want we are all safe!!! Then we also let LeT chief Hafeez saeed loose to create my hem occasionally. Doesn’t he irritate you Indians to no end? (The pudding, Rasagollas and kulfi are BB’s favourites, has been served.)

RG: But now there is a bounty on him announced by none other than your ally the USA.

BB: Rahul, they are still our ally. By announcing a bounty for proof against Hafeez the USA is telling India that you gave not given to Pakistan enough proof against Hafeez to prosecute him in his involvement in Mumbai attacks!!!! You get the point?

As everybody started leaving, RG was left wondering on that last sentence from BB.


No comments:

Post a Comment